“I’m overwhelmed. I don’t know where to start. Where do i begin?” These are often the words we hear from relatives or friends on whom care for a loved one suddenly fell on their laps.
There is no hard and fast rule on how we are going to go about placing the care of a loved one in the hands of a stranger. But, you have to start somewhere, right?
Here are some issues you need to consider:
- Does the individuals’ condition needs to be monitored all day and all night?
- Does the individual sleep all night? If not, how many times does he/she needs to be assisted at night?
- What is the individual’s sleeping pattern?
- Does the individual needs to be monitored while he/she is awake?
- Is there a need to monitor vitals regularly? How often?
- If you are considering live in care, is there a suitable place for the Care Specialist to sleep or rest?
- If you are considering hourly care, is the individual’s house accessible by public transportation?
As a home care agency, we are here to walk you through the maze of level of care assessment. We aspire to be partners in caring for your loved one. We send a professional assessor in the person of a Registered Nurse to guide you and help you sort out major issues and rank them according to its importance. Remember though, with us, you are not just a number!